Tuesday 27 January 2009

God Is In Charge

Reading 27: Joshua 6

This is the verse that stands out to me today:

Now Jericho was tightly shut up because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in.
Then the LORD said to Joshua, "See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men.



Jericho was tightly shut up, but the next thing God says is "See! I have delivered Jericho into your hands." It's just like God to see the bigger picture. Sometimes I look at a problem that's all "shut up" no way in, no way out...but God is there and He sees the whole picture. He knows the whole story, and He says "See, I have already taken care of everything". All I have to do is trust His lead.


New blogging plan (if anyone is reading): Blogging about the reading every day was getting entirely tedious and was sucking the "joy" out of my 180 days....so I decided to cut back to just a few times a week, and continue to read on the off blogging days from my physical Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment